Nonprofit + Human Service Organizations Insurance
The right protection for your organization
As you strive to make a positive difference in the work you do, it is important to have a partner that is uniquely focused on protecting organizations like yours and understands the emotional strength, physical effort and depth of resources required to serve others. As a specialty insurance carrier for nonprofit and human services organizations, Church Mutual® is committed to protecting your people and property so you can have the peace of mind to focus on what matters most. If you have questions for our Nonprofit + Human Services Director of Underwriting, please contact Nicole Jolley.
Customized coverage solutions
Protecting your people, facilities, activities and mission is important to you - and our number one goal. Choose the right coverage for you, with packages that:
- Save you time and uncertainty compared to purchasing individual policies.
- Eliminate costly gaps or overlaps in coverage.
- Leave more resources to focus on your organization’s purpose.
Classes of Business
- Animal/wildlife protection and welfare
- Animal sanctuaries
- Animal shelters and rescues
- Humane societies and SPCAs
- Wildlife refuges
Arts and Culture
- Art galleries
- Arts education and schools
- Bands and ensembles
- Children's museums
- Community arts centers
- Community celebrations and events
- Cultural/ethnic centers and organizations
- Dance groups
- Dance and drama schools
- Film schools
- Historical societies and preservation organizations
- Music organizations and schools
- Performing arts centers and organizations
- Performing arts schools
- Singing and choral groups
- Symphony orchestras
- Theaters (including traveling theaters)
- Visual arts organizations
Associations and Clubs
- Alumni associations
- Business and trade associations
- Chambers of commerce
- Civic organizations
- Community coalitions and advocacy organizations
- Community service clubs
- Fraternal organizations and societies
- Garden clubs
- Homeowners associations (HOAs)
- Junior leagues
- Membership organizations
- Neighborhood organizations
- Professional societies and associations
- Service clubs for men and women
- Social clubs
- Urban leagues
- Veterans and military organizations
Child day cares & preschools
- Licensed child day care centers
- Nursery schools
- Head Start programs
- Montessori schools (early childhood)
- Before-and-after school programs
- Adult day care
- Business and citizenship programs
- Child and youth services
- Community action programs
- Community centers and coalitions
- Community improvement organizations
- Day services for the developmentally disabled
- Emergency assistance organizations
- Ethnic, immigrant and refugee services
- Family services
- Gift distribution
- Goodwill Industries
- Hearing and visually impaired services and centers
- Jewish community centers (JCCs)
- Neighborhood centers
- Outreach programs and ministries
- Pregnancy centers
- Respite care/temporary relief services
- Senior centers
- Thrift stores and secondhand stores
- Victim services
- YMCAs, YWCAs, YMHAs, YWHAs
Counseling and Treatment Services
- Adult and child abuse counseling
- Alcohol and drug abuse counseling
- Career and vocational counseling
- Counseling programs
- Grief counseling
- Marriage and family counseling
- Mental health outpatient services
- Single parent agencies
- Stress and anxiety counseling
- Support groups
- Youth counseling
- Adult education
- Culinary programs
- Language programs
- Leadership development programs
- Learning centers and organizations
- Parent and teacher groups
- Remedial reading and encouragement programs
- Safety education programs
- Scholarship organizations
- Special education organizations
- Speech therapy centers
- Test preparation and tutoring services
- Vocational and technical programs
- Career and vocational counseling centers
- Employee training programs
- Employment preparation and procurement organizations
- Job training programs
- Sheltered workshop and employment organizations
Environmental Protection and Beautification
- Environmental research and education
- Botanic gardens and arboreta
- Community gardens
- Forest conservation organizations
- Garden and horticultural clubs
- Land resource conservation organizations
- Natural resource conservation and protection organizations
- Nature centers
- Water resource and wetlands conservation organizations
- Congregate meals
- Food banks and pantries
- Food distribution programs
- Meals on Wheels
- Nutrition programs
- Soup kitchens
- Charitable organizations
- Community foundations
- Fundraising and grant-making organizations
- Public and private foundations
- United Way organizations
Overnight Facilities and Shelters
- Emergency shelters
- Family violence shelters
- Group homes
- Homeless shelters and centers
- Homes for children and adolescents
- Housing for the developmentally disabled
- Housing search assistance organizations
- Rescue missions
- Substance abuse treatment facilities
- Supportive and temporary housing
- Transitional housing
- Women's shelters
Sports and Recreation
- Athletic, health and fitness clubs
- Community recreational centers
- Country clubs
- Dance studios
- Pilates studios
- Swim clubs
- Tai chi centers
- Yoga studios and centers
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Youth centers and clubs
- Youth community service clubs
- Youth development programs
- Youth violence prevention organizations
Keeping your organization safe
Church Mutual's experienced risk professionals know the unique risks you face and can help identify potential threats to your organization. In addition to our trained staff, you have access to innovative safety technology and valuable safety resources including:
- Access to Abuse Prevention Systems® for comprehensive staff training.
- Water and temperature sensors to prevent costly damages through our CM Sensor® program.
- Discounts with our nationally recognized partners.
- A library of checklists, videos, webinars and more.
"Our experience with Church Mutual was excellent. Our account representative was honest, communicative and informative during the exploration process. We were happy to make a transition to Church Mutual because we felt like they offered the right coverage for our organization at a price point that allowed us to devote more resources to our cause while maintaining peace of mind about our coverage."
"The thing that sticks out to me the most about Church Mutual is they know who we are. [Our rep] comes here once or twice a year - he knows who I am personally, he knows what this facility is, and what we do. They care about who we are - that's priceless."
"A partner for insurance should offer more than just quotes and coverage. We are very pleased to work with Church Mutual which provides expansive resources in education on a range of issues that help with risk mitigation and best practices. Church Mutual's willingness to engage with Affiliates in regional meeting, webinars, and videoconferences is a great value for all Affiliates."
Property. Provides coverage for your structure and personal property. Optional coverage for business income, extra expense, equipment breakdown, limited water damage and other causes of loss are available.
General Liability. Protects your organization, employees and volunteers against claims of negligence involving bodily injury, property damage, personal and advertising injury, catastrophic violence and more.
Sexual Molestation or Misconduct. Provides liability protection for claims involving actual or alleged acts of sexual misconduct or molestation.
Management Liability. Protection for your directors, officers, trustees and other elected members of your governing board against allegations of wrongful acts.
Professional Liability. A variety of professional liability coverages are available to cover actual or alleged negligent acts and issues related to rendering professional services.
Cyber Liability. Financial protection against cyber liability and the ever-increasing threat of data breaches.
Inland Marine. Coverage for your most valuable, rare or antique possessions, valuable papers and records, accounts receivable, watercraft, signs, theatrical property and much more.
Employment-Related Practices Liability. Protection for your directors, officers, trustees and other elected members of your governing board against allegations of discrimination, wrongful termination and sexual harassment.
Crime. Coverage to protect your organization from criminal acts, including theft of money and securities, employee theft, fraud and forgery, and alterations.
Commercial Auto. Coverage against financial loss in the event of an automobile accident or theft.
Workers’ Compensation. Supports your employees should they be injured in the course of their employment.
Umbrella. Designed to protect your organization from major claims, providing higher limits of insurance for such things as general and automobile liability exposure.
Coverage references on this website are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent a policy contract. Refer to your Church Mutual insurance policies for complete descriptions of coverages, limitations and exclusions. Some coverages may not be available in all states.